Install Bonobo Git Server
- Follow https://www.howtogeek.com/112455/how-to-install-iis-8-on-windows-8/ to install IIS on Windows 10. When doing so also select the features under Application Development Features to allow deploying the Bonobo server as an application. Errors will otherwise occur (see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9794985/config-error-this-configuration-section-cannot-be-used-at-this-path)
- Follow https://bonobogitserver.com/install/ to install the Bonobo Git Server. If you want to put the server at website root, just remove the outermost folder as the website root is also an application.
Create Self-Signed Certificate
- Follow https://blog.kloud.com.au/2016/06/12/creating-openssl-self-signed-certs-on-windows/. Note that when running openssl req, follow https://stackoverflow.com/a/43860138 to set the SAN for the certificate to prevent Chrome from reporting errors.
- Import the certificate into IIS and bind it to the site.
- Install the created certificate into Trusted Root CA and restart Chrome, now the connection should be secured.